Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 18, 2005, 3:30 PM   #11

ImKayd1 wrote:
Quote:
The Canada honker is quite a stunner. Awesome job. How about a picture of the 'outhouse'.

Suzan

Thanks Suzan, if you want to see a photo just go to google and type in: ameristep outhouse blind and you'll see it.There are a number of different syles so the outhouse isn't the only choice by a long shot. You can also go to the doghouse :-)
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 3:31 PM   #12

woodmeister wrote:
Quote:
Great shots Norm. As usual, your in flight shots are wonderful. The golden eye shots
are really nice as well. I like the second one because it just has a cute pose.
Thanks wm, I was happy to get as close as that to the goldeneye. It's a particularly stunning bird IMO, and getting closer was a treat.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 3:33 PM   #13

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
great shots, you had me a little worried there as an "outhouse" is a lavatory/toilet over here, had visions of you sitting on an old toilet to shoot the photos:-)
Thanks Julie, same thing here, that's why I named it what I did, to get the draw :lol:
Old Apr 18, 2005, 3:40 PM   #14

bobbyz wrote:
Quote:
Normcar wrote:
Quote:
He he, indeed the goose was wise to the blind as I wasn't in the blind on the flight shots (should have indicated that more clearly) :-) You'd be wise to have a peek at this outhouse model as it sets up in 5 seconds and comes down in 10, packaged in 20 (I sound like a commercial, but ask Houston, he has one too). It's quite amazing and I plan to use it as a shade tent on the beach in the summer, wearing my camo khaki swimwear and field glasses :G
Normcar, I am looking at the blinds and it seems this outhouse modelseems like the right fit. Looking at the prices, I can get the realtree one for $50 (online). Is that what you have. Would be nice to see these in person but there no hunting stores in northern california.

Nice shot BTW (#1)
Mine is the Ameristep "outhouse" blind and it goes for around $50, yes. It's worth the change IMO, and it also has little backpacking straps so you can toss it on your back while hiking.Here it is just to be sure that you are seeing the one I have: