Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:38 PM   #1

Below are a couple of recent flight shots and below them are some shots I got using my recently purchased outhouse blind, helping me to get a touch closer to those quick little ducks that just don't seem to want to let me get near to them:

Goose fly-by

Duck with grey-day background so I superimposed in order to take away the overpowering white tones. I'm having to do this alot lately and I'm hoping to see some better weather before the work-week begins again

Shots from the outhouse blind

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 7:56 AM   #2

The wing pattern on the Canada goose is amazing - hard to believe that such a large bird can be so graceful. The Common Goldeneye shots are great - I like the second one the best - nice angle showing the duck looking up and the water patterning is very effective.
Ottawa-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:34 AM   #3

Great shots...I think that Goose is wise to your blind trick!
I think I may have to invest in a blind, you'd think we were carrying guns the way they run and hide when we're spotted...maybe they think we're the "paparazzi", I could understand it then. :-)

...Ed
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:35 PM   #4

edorfox wrote:
Quote:
Great shots...I think that Goose is wise to your blind trick!
I think I may have to invest in a blind, you'd think we were carrying guns the way they run and hide when we're spotted...maybe they think we're the "paparazzi", I could understand it then. :-)

...Ed
He he, indeed the goose was wise to the blind as I wasn't in the blind on the flight shots (should have indicated that more clearly) :-) You'd be wise to have a peek at this outhouse model as it sets up in 5 seconds and comes down in 10, packaged in 20 (I sound like a commercial, but ask Houston, he has one too). It's quite amazing and I plan to use it as a shade tent on the beach in the summer, wearing my camo khaki swimwear and field glasses :G
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:27 PM   #5

Some more fantastic shots here Norm, all of them. Its hard to say which ones I like best but I think the Goose takes 1st place on the flight shots and maybe the last one of the Ducks as it shows off the sort of unusually shaped head. I'm glad you are liking the outhouse blind. It has its pros and cons. You can definately get closer to the birds but it sort of restricts you from getting in position to get the best background. I've had mine all over the backyard trying to find the best places.

Cheers

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 2:26 AM   #6

The Canada honker is quite a stunner. Awesome job. How about a picture of the 'outhouse'.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 5:12 AM   #7

Great shots Norm. As usual, your in flight shots are wonderful. The golden eye shots
are really nice as well. I like the second one because it just has a cute pose.
woodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:16 AM   #8

great shots, you had me a little worried there as an "outhouse" is a lavatory/toilet over here, had visions of you sitting on an old toilet to shoot the photos:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:52 AM   #9

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
He he, indeed the goose was wise to the blind as I wasn't in the blind on the flight shots (should have indicated that more clearly) :-) You'd be wise to have a peek at this outhouse model as it sets up in 5 seconds and comes down in 10, packaged in 20 (I sound like a commercial, but ask Houston, he has one too). It's quite amazing and I plan to use it as a shade tent on the beach in the summer, wearing my camo khaki swimwear and field glasses :G
Normcar, I am looking at the blinds and it seems this outhouse modelseems like the right fit. Looking at the prices, I can get the realtree one for $50 (online). Is that what you have. Would be nice to see these in person but there no hunting stores in northern california.

Nice shot BTW (#1)
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 3:28 PM   #10

Houston wrote:
Quote:
Some more fantastic shots here Norm, all of them. Its hard to say which ones I like best but I think the Goose takes 1st place on the flight shots and maybe the last one of the Ducks as it shows off the sort of unusually shaped head. I'm glad you are liking the outhouse blind. It has its pros and cons. You can definately get closer to the birds but it sort of restricts you from getting in position to get the best background. I've had mine all over the backyard trying to find the best places.

Cheers

Houston
Thanks Houston, you need to get that outhouse out of the backyard now. I find that any restriction is bearable since it's the price paid to get close enough to begin getting a nice feather texture in the birds, which is what I love. I'm sure I'll be using it often.