Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 24, 2005, 3:52 AM   #1

Here's a few single flyer shots from today. I've kept the crop loose in somebecause of the nice dusk coloration in the landscape and water.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2005, 4:30 AM   #2

These are all very impressive. Sharp, and great exposures. I particularly like #1 and the 3rd last. #1 is a good sharp image but has an artistic flare with the blurred background and the soft colors. The 3rd last is a unique perspective of the bird in flight with the wings almost level with the bird. It must have taken a lot of time and patience to get this series.
Joe B.
joenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 8:12 AM   #3

all great shots but I really love the shot of the silver Gull.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 1:32 PM   #4

Hi Normcar,

REally nice shots. What lens are you using for these?

That gull shot is almost perfect, not sure but the whites are a tad bright.

My favorite is the eye level duck, you really caught that one nice.

I really like the sense of 3d the farther away shot have.

Every one of these is a nice picture.

I don't have as much chance to get on here these days as I have a new job where I work quite a few hours. I had a chance to get some good Chukar pics yesterday and make two postings yesterday and this morning. Check them out if you get a chance, I always value your opinion.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 6:02 PM   #5

joenl wrote:
Quote:
These are all very impressive. Sharp, and great exposures. I particularly like #1 and the 3rd last. #1 is a good sharp image but has an artistic flare with the blurred background and the soft colors. The 3rd last is a unique perspective of the bird in flight with the wings almost level with the bird. It must have taken a lot of time and patience to get this series.
Joe B.
Thanks Joe, I find that it's either feast or famine with bird photography and this day was a feast day. I have a bunch more that I'll be posting along the way. It takes more time and effort going to the computer and picking through shots. I don't like that part much as my computer isn't the fastest around and my clicking finger gets way sore. I'd rather just photograph but just doing that wouldn't get them posted :G
Old Apr 24, 2005, 6:10 PM   #6

Thanks Julie and zoomn, I'm fighting this stupid dialup connection and it's driving me nuts so this is going to be shorter than I'd like. Zoomn, I had a look at your work and love it. Thanks for the specific comments on these flight shots.