Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 7, 2005, 2:17 PM   #1

:?

I need to transfer pictures off of my laptop. I currently burn a back up CD of everything I shoot, (after deleting the trash). I am presently keeping everything on my business laptop to play around with and print. I am using Picasa, which has also organized all of my pics as well.

I only have 9% free space left on my laptop. Also one of these days corporate will ask me to send in my old laptop for exchange for a newer and larger one.

I am thinking of buying an external hardrive with 100, 200, or 300 gigabytes of storage. Is this a good idea? If so any brands or suggestions?

What happens with the Picasa organization when I down load to the external?

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks
Alex410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2005, 9:11 PM   #2
DBB

Get The Osprey.

Talk about speed! One of the fastest around, although the Peregrine drive is quicker, it's harder to maintain and power.

Portability? Goes anywhere, and can even be totally immersed in water without any damage.

There's a breakin period, but once the shell on this baby is broken, it has nowhere to go but up!

Trust me!

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 12:39 PM   #3

DBB wrote:
Quote:
Get The Osprey.

Talk about speed! One of the fastest around, although the Peregrine drive is quicker, it's harder to maintain and power.

Portability? Goes anywhere, and can even be totally immersed in water without any damage.

There's a breakin period, but once the shell on this baby is broken, it has nowhere to go but up!

Trust me!

dave
:G:G
CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote