Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 20, 2005, 12:44 AM   #1
djb

Along with the muskrat and woodpecker, I shot this little Common Yellowthroat. Little birds are so full of energy and constantly in motion!!! I am really appreciating some of the excellent shots you folks have been displaying!!! It's tough catching these little ones. 20D & 100-400mm ISO 800 1/200 f/7.1 @400mm Handheld.

dennis

Attached Images

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2005, 1:09 AM   #2

I've seen all three of your new posts and they are very well done, dennis. I think the woodpecker could still be sharpened a touch without too much problem. It looks like that 100-400 lens is doing a fine job for you. Keep up the good work.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 4:25 AM   #3

Checked out all your posts as well. Good work on all. I do agree with Norm,
the downy could have used a bit of sharpenning. What's tough with warblers,
especially yellow throats, is that they'll sit in bushes singing away out of site.
You can be so close, that you could probably reach in the bush and grab them.
Then they'll pop out for a second then dive into another bush.
woodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 9:58 AM   #4

Nice shot. I would clone out the second branch at the bottom.

On a side note - I was having coffee at my home in the morning and all of sudden a beautifull small bird landed on a tree just outside. I thought it was a gold finch but it turned out to be a warbler, I think Wilson's Warbler. He/She was only 4-5 feet away from me. This isfirst time I have seen these guys. Made me feel so happy. By the time, I got my 100-400L, he/she was gone.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 7:54 PM   #5

Nice capture. That's a beautiful little bird.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 8:03 PM   #6
djb

thanx all!!!

Norm, i love the 100-400mm. it rarely comes off the camera except to try it with the 1.4X TC. that may change when i get some macro opportunities and start using my sigma 150mm macro. as i posted in the woodpecker forum, i will try to sharpen it a bit more and repost as an edit.

woodmeister, yer right about those little babes in the bushes. i hear them so loud and clear yet, i have a difficult time seeing them. my bad left ear doesn't help but they have been hard to spot until they jump out for a moment then it's get maybe 1 good shot out of a dozen.

bobbyz, i thought about cloning out the bottom branch. with my minimally basic PP skills i figured there was to much for me to handle with the different shades and such.

bmullen, thanx!!! i am a big bird fan (hawks, herons, etc.) but have come to really appreciate the little birds that have so much color and are so vocal and interesting to watch.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote