Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old May 24, 2005, 8:16 PM   #1

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2005, 8:54 PM   #2

Beautiful shots zoomn.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 10:36 PM   #3

Really nice ones Zoomn. The color is wonderful.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 12:45 AM   #4

Excellent! It's photos like the bottom one that make me proud to be an owner of the Sigma 50-500. Of course not just any owner of the lens could get shots like that. It's literally a masterpiece, one of the nicest shorebird shots I've seen color-wise.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 11:01 PM   #5

Thanks for taking a look and commenting, glad you all liked the photo.

Normcar thanks for the comments. Really glad you steered me to the 50-500 it has turned out to be a winner.

Really appreciate your comments on all my photos. You have taught me to trust the color and contrast as it comes out of the camera more. I have been trying to use the less is more theory with saturation, contrast and sharpening lately. I think it is making my photos better. Really enjoying the process of learning to improve my photos and really appreciate all the help you have given me.

zoomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 12:06 AM   #6
djb

really impressive. nice color and detail!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 12:16 AM   #7

Love the color on the last one.

Zoomn, do you shoot jpeg? What kind of settings. I like the contrast in your shots.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 1:08 AM   #8

zoomn wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for taking a look and commenting, glad you all liked the photo.

Normcar thanks for the comments. Really glad you steered me to the 50-500 it has turned out to be a winner.

Really appreciate your comments on all my photos. You have taught me to trust the color and contrast as it comes out of the camera more. I have been trying to use the less is more theory with saturation, contrast and sharpening lately. I think it is making my photos better. Really enjoying the process of learning to improve my photos and really appreciate all the help you have given me.

It's easy to say nice things about your shots, zoomn, I just tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. You make it easy to say nice things. That lens, with tripod and good technique (you have both), is as good as any and better than many IMO, not to mention the reach and zoom capacity. If they ever put an IS or OS in one I'll pay the price, no matter what, to get the low light subjects without a need for a tripod or monopod.I used mine all weekend to shoota canoe trip on a river nearmy home and it was perfect because I could zoom in and out at will, and the light was good enough that I hand-held without a problem because shutter speed was high enough. I think I had about 5 bad photos out of about 700. And that was handheld. I couldn't have done what I did and got the shots I got with any other lens, bar none, the primes wouldnot have had the range andother zooms wouldn't have had all the range necessary (I used every bit of every mm).

I'm happy to be a part of putting that great lens into the hands of a capable photographer like you who can show others how good it really is :G
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote