Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 3, 2005, 8:53 AM   #11

sorry about the triple post:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 11:11 AM   #12

Hi Houston, congratulations on getting the new camera. What exactly was the rebel doing that couldn't be repaired, was it on warranty, and did canon honor their warranty by taking it on full trade for the 20D?

Great photos but the last one is by far the best but the others are very good too. Notice especially the perch limb and the surrounding twigs. Your exposure on that last one is perfect whereas the others have slightly blown areas around the bird. Notice that on that one your shutter is 1/800th, which is much faster than the others. All other settings being essentially the same, that is the factor that created for you a perfect exposure.

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 7:25 PM   #13

surfnron wrote:
Quote:
Very godd photos Houston. As for captions:

#1 I know my cell phone is in here somewhere.
#3 #$%@!! dead battery!
#4 Hey, anybody over there got a phone I can borrow?
#5 How about over here?
#6 #@%$^^ cheapscapes, I only need to talk a minute...

Ron
Thanks for looking in Ron and for your suggested captions. Very good, and I'll have to remember them.

Regards

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 8:21 PM   #14

Norm and Julie

I didn't mean to emply that my Rebel couldn't be repaired. I'm sure it will be. They just missed finding the problem which is, it wouldn't fire the 420EX flash properly for a correct exposure. It would fire the flash but the monitor screen would be black if taking a shot inside. I tried the flash on another camera and it worked fine. Then I tried another flash on my camera and it didn't work correctly either. I discussed it with another technition on the phone with canon factory service and he said send it back to them. And yes it was still under warranty. And as for the 20D I didn't get it from Canon. I got on the internetfrom US1 camera.com. The main reason being that I was not getting good results from flight shots. You can select One shot, AI Focus and AI Servo on the 20D but these selections are not on the Rebel. Another thing being the 2 more pixels among lots of other things like the ease of use. I may sell the Rebel when it gets back from the factory or I might just keep it so I can have another lens mounted and ready. :lol: In any case I am very happy with the 20D. I love it. And now, thanks for the critique. It is well taken and what I always want you to do. Thats the only way I'll ever get to where I wont to be.

Kind regards

Houston

Houston is offline   Reply With Quote