Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Aug 10, 2005, 9:38 AM   #1

Robins (I think). Hung around for ages watching these guys feeding their young. It was a first for me but my sholders hurt heaps (hand held)as I had the bigger lens on (they were pretty high up) Not the greatest shots but exciting for me as a first.

Dad keeping a lookout

Mum peeps out

She ventures out a little further

And off she goes to find feed for her young again

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:22 PM   #2
DBB

As you say, they are not the best images, but they have a rediculous magenta cast....

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/nestingrobins_0012.jpg[/img]

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:01 PM   #3

I quite liked that color, but maybe you are right
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:14 PM   #4
DBB

No, no, if you did it deliberately, then it's a matter of taste...:lol:

Dave
Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:33 AM   #5

yeah but i trashed the originals by mistake and I cant get them back to the color you have done, what changes did you make. I want the two types
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:55 PM   #6

N O T the greatest shots only as far as technical merit goes. The subject matter and story telling value overshadow that aspect. Good eye for picking out an interesting scene...for sure! Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:41 PM   #7
DBB

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
yeah but i trashed the originals by mistake and I cant get them back to the color you have done, what changes did you make. I want the two types
My Dear a Lady 40 - You have an eye for a good photograph. You "frame" instinctively well. You are also on my list of people to give a good beating too. Lucky for me you are far, far off, and can't take me up on this and kick my a...

Thus the advantages of the Internet...

I find it PAINFUL when shots are deleted. This I believe is the second (or third time) you've done this...

AARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I used Photoshop, I shifted a bit of Magenta to green and a bit of Red to Cyan. Other programs have other ways of doing the same thing...

dave
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:42 PM   #8
DBB

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
My Dear a Lady 40 - You have an eye for a good photograph. You "frame" instinctively well. You are also on my list of people to give a good beating too. Lucky for me you are far, far off, and can't take me up on this and kick my a...

Thus the advantages of the Internet...

I find it PAINFUL when shots are deleted. This I believe is the second (or third time) you've done this...

AARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I used Photoshop, I shifted a bit of Magenta to green and a bit of Red to Cyan. Other programs have other ways of doing the same thing...

dave
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:53 PM   #9

DBB wrote:
Quote:
aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah I know I have done it before, this time I was defragging and sorting the computer and must have put these in with a batch to the recycle bin, I then deleted the recycle bin:roll: I guess Ive done this a couple of times but you have to remember I take hundreds of shots:-)