Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 8, 2005, 1:45 AM   #1

Not the prettiest bird around, but the shot somehow works for me. What do you think?
Attached Images

JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:44 AM   #2

I like it. Did you sharpen the whole image? Looks liek it will benefit from selective sharpening of the bird.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:17 PM   #3

The main object is in the middle! Try to give him next time more to the side.

jp80
jp80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:19 PM   #4

Hi John this is your aunty here, the one from Newies. Nice to catch an LBJ so close. Have you found a name for him yet ? Looks like a bleating warbler?? He is a cutie like JakeTPegg don't you think?

Jake says the colour looks a bit 'green'Is that your Sigma lens?He has noticed that Sigma lenses tend to give a warmer look.

Nice to see you taking off in your photography. Heard you got a second job in a photo shop. Hope you are enjoying it.

Lotsa love

Fay
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:56 AM   #5

Hi Faye, nice to hear from you. I have no idea what bird that is, bleating warbler sounds good.

It is my Sigma lens, which does tend to give a but of a warmer look, but the green comes from my colour correction on a monitor which isn't correct colour wise(my work computer, guess I can't complain).

Nice to hear from you, hope you had a great time in the Kruger. I wonder if Jake is going to post another photo of you in this forum...
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 2:20 PM   #6

HowdyJohn

Yes, the Kruger Park was really an awesome holiday again. Rather different to last year in many ways, but great fun especially for Jakeand all his photographing with his latest camera and big lens. I managed to get a few photographs of him photographing. Quiet fun!

Jake posting more pictures of his Wild Grass Bird? I hope not!!

Chat again
Old Sep 16, 2005, 2:38 PM   #7
DBB

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Hi John this is your aunty here, the one from Newies. Nice to catch an LBJ so close. Have you found a name for him yet ? Looks like a bleating warbler?? He is a cutie like JakeTPegg don't you think?

Shockingly, this bird looks exactly like and Ivory Billed Woodpecker - the missing proof!

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 3:53 PM   #8

DBB wrote:
Quote:
JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:

Shockingly, this bird looks exactly like and Ivory Billed Woodpecker - the missing proof!

Dave
Well done Dave on rediscovering the elusive andthought to be extinct IBW. Sighted, not in Akansas but Newies South Africaof all places.Yip... Resident WGB would vouch for the missing proof!

Jake's WGB

ps ... hope I haven't missinterpreted yourgr8sense of humour!?

Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:04 PM   #9
DBB

I do believe many people often take my jokes literally, which is why I find the police so often knocking on my door...:lol:

And then when I'm serious, they think I'm kidding around. Who do I blame for all of this?

George Bush.

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 3:26 PM   #10

DBB wrote:
Quote:
I do believe many people often take my jokes literally, which is why I find the police so often knocking on my door...:lol:

And then when I'm serious, they think I'm kidding around. Who do I blame for all of this?

George Bush.

dave

Well, you could blame it on your gr8 sense of humour of course. But please dont loose it, even with the police knocking at your door.. hee hee. The world is a sad enough place as it is. So keep it rolling Dave

Hey John

Please forgive us for taking up your forum space for this little humourous chat. Sure you wont mind.

JWGB