Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 11, 2005, 2:11 PM   #1
DBB

Merlins never come to Brooklyn. What this little guy is doing is beyond me. (800mm Swarovski)

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/MERLIN27.JPG[/img]

These are wild pigions and not street beggers. They even look happier. (1100mm Swarovski)

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/ROCKDOVE12.JPG[/img]

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/ROCKDOVE33.JPG[/img]

A close up of a Sanderling. (800mm Swarovski)

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/SANDERLING72.JPG[/img]

Black Ducks spend all year in Brooklyn, or at least some of them. (1100mm Swarovski)

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/BLACKDUCK2.jpg[/img]

Canada Gesse as well enjoy our oceans. (800mm Swarovski)

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/GOOSE10.JPG[/img]

This Juvenile Yellow Crowneed Night Heron. I took quite a few of these and will get around to posting a series. (1100mm Swarovski)

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/YELNTHERON24.JPG[/img]

And of course a Juvenile Mockingboid. (800mm Swarovski)

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/MOCKINGBIRD5.JPG[/img]

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2005, 2:43 PM   #2

All of these are quite interesting, Dave, but the sanderling and the juvie YCNH really hit the spot - outstanding shots the both of those!

Hey, that Mocker is out of habitat! It should be sitting on top of someone's tv antenna attached to a house... (do people have tv antennas anymore? - it's dating me, I'm sure).
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 2:49 PM   #3
DBB

geoffs wrote:
Quote:
All of these are quite interesting, Dave, but the sanderling and the juvie YCNH really hit the spot - outstanding shots the both of those!

Hey, that Mocker is out of habitat! It should be sitting on top of someone's tv antenna attached to a house... (do people have tv antennas anymore? - it's dating me, I'm sure).
I've taken within then last two weeks about ten different Mocking Birds. None of them look alike, on one of my posts, I wasn't even sure that it WAS a Mocking bird.

We have our Bird Books, our species identification and the more I do this, the more they all look different....

As for the Heron, I have another sixty or so equally good. I'll post some, because this guy let me get close, so many of the images are actully full frame.

And I tried out a new adapter for my Swarokski for those Heron pictures (although not for the Sanderling, that's from my trusty 800mm adapter). It appears to capture detail better than my other adapter.

Dave
Old Sep 11, 2005, 4:07 PM   #4

Hi, Your pictures are so good. I especially like the sanderling, they very seldom stand still for a shot...lol....and your heron is great. You make me realize I have alot to learn.....but that's a good thing.....I'm glad I have good works to look at and learn from......practice, practice....Thanks for sharing. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:20 PM   #5

Great captures, Dave.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 11:51 PM   #6

nice job on all of these, dave, especially the sanderling. I like the unique appearance of the young mockingbird, too. Technically, extremely fine job.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 9:13 AM   #7
DBB

I've just started using the the 1100mm Swarovski adapter. And while these images don't show the difference clearly, I'm impressed.

I'm going to spend the next year getting used to it.

Dave
Old Sep 14, 2005, 5:08 PM   #8

Great shots Dave. What a spendid variety. Really like the Sanderling.....Cheers....thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:50 PM   #9

Hi Dave - These shots are coming close to being as good as your stories. Love the sanderlling and the "feral" pigeon

Jake [My wife has taken over my computer and also MY forum, seems she's getting hooked, so I've nabbed her laptop [yes, top included]
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:25 PM   #10
DBB

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dave - These shots are coming close to being as good as your stories. Love the sanderlling and the "feral" pigeon

Jake [My wife has taken over my computer and also MY forum, seems she's getting hooked, so I've nabbed her laptop [yes, top included]
You HAVE to love these feral pigions. When I post they they "look" happier, while obviously subjective - I really believe it. Their city relatives hustle around for white bread - How healthy can that be? You know anyone who lives on a diet of Wonder Bread?

Look at this guy I captured - he's getting his full nutrition - Eating bugs, sea anthroopods, what a pigion is supposed to eat. His feathers are glossy, sleek, eyes bright...

Dave