Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:01 PM   #1

Well folks; my Canadian Bald Eagle got 22views so far and no comments from anyone. Let's see if it's offspring gets any more views and comments.

Maybe it's because the Bald Eagle is so common to you Americans, ( no slight intended) but to me and my boating partner it was a very majestic sight to actually see one in our neck of the woods.

This hatchling was in the nest when we photo'd the adult, we could just see it's head over the huge nest. When we returned sometime later it was sitting on the branch and never made a motion to move.

Because it is on the East side of the island, (the only side we could see it from)and the sun was going down in the west, it is backlit and difficult to see what little white it had.
Attached Images

mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:19 PM   #2

Yes, it's a pity the light wasn't better for this. It would have made an outstanding shot. Sometimes MaNature doesn't cooperate the way we'd like it to. If you can, try spot metering when this type of lighting happens. Itcould give you a better chance of getting the much desired detail. A blown out sky can always be adjusted in ps to a certain extent. Hope this helps a little........Cheers..........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 6:37 PM   #3

Kman; thanks for your insight and reply. It was such amagnificent sight to us just to see one of these guys.

I only had my S2 IS with a telextender a short while and thought I was a real wildlife photographer at the time. Thanks for the spot metering tip.

By adjusting the sky in ps; I'm assuming you are referring to Photoshop. I just installed Elements and have only begun to learn how to browse.

Mack C. in Brooklin ON
mackcam is offline   Reply With Quote