Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:42 PM   #1

I hope my id of these 2are right. If not, Dave, pleasecorrect me. I think this book I bought for id'ing birds is not all that good. I usually have to figure out what they are by their descriptions of "similar species" which is in text. I was lucky to get more wood in the way. Don't seem to be able to get these little guys in the open. There's so much bush where I go to photograph these birds, that you're always fighting "Daves filters". Cheers.......thekman.
Attached Images

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2005, 3:42 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:28 PM   #3

Nice shots Kman, I commend you on your commitment to brave the jungles to get these shots. I've been bruised beyond recognition in the past by excursions like that and have given up the ghost on those sorts of safaris. :-) If I can't see a path, I now say, "no".
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:23 PM   #4

Normcar wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots Kman, I commend you on your commitment to brave the jungles to get these shots. I've been bruised beyond recognition in the past by excursions like that and have given up the ghost on those sorts of safaris. :-) If I can't see a path, I now say, "no".

Actually Norm, these are taken from a path. The bush is very dense in this wildbird sanctuary, and the trails are cut out of the undergrowth. The attendants of the area are constantly cutting back the perimeters of the paths to keep them open. I don't venture too far off the beaten path either. Too lazy, and don't need the bruises.......thekman.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 4:42 AM   #5

Nice shots kman!! The first one does appear to be a song sparrow. However, the second
guy is also a sparrow. It is an immature White-throated sparrow. Common yellow-throat
warblers have no distinctive overall patterning at any stage of development. Also the bill
is longer and thinner.
woodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 11:23 AM   #6

woodmeister wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots kman!! The first one does appear to be a song sparrow. However, the second
guy is also a sparrow. It is an immature White-throated sparrow. Common yellow-throat
warblers have no distinctive overall patterning at any stage of development. Also the bill
is longer and thinner.

Thanks Woodmeister. I was guessing some on the 2nd one. Good eye.....cheers...thekman.