Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:48 AM   #11

Hmm, I missed this post of yours Norm. Stunning detail in these shots. I can't choose a best one, sorry...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:10 AM   #12

Actually I liked those original shots at wide open aperture of f2. They had a magical quality to them.

Woulld love to see shots from your new DO lens. Why not go for the 500mm IS as you got 400 f5.6?
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:18 AM   #13

hey Norm I can look after any spare lenses for you, just send them over air express:lol:

great shots by the way
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:25 PM   #14

I chickened out on the DO, bobby, still have the 200/1.8. I wouldn't purchase a DO unless I could first try it out in the field. Thanks for the comments, I like the lesser DOF too, it was more natural too as I did some processing on the stopped down aperture to get rid of the fence stuff. I always appreciate your comments and honesty, bobby. Thanks again.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:27 PM   #15

Sure, Julie, just send me your birds and I'll send you a lens or two, but I'll keep the long ones :-) How about an 18-55 for one of your budgies? :-)How about you send me that 300 of yours, you seem to be doing a pro job with it lately. I'm willing to give it a go. Don't expect to make it sing like you do, but I'm willing to try.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Thanks for the concern, better half :-) I couldn't bring myself to trade my 200/1.8 so it remains in my kit and probably will so until I am planted, so to speak. It's just too unique to leave behind so I emailed the trader and told him I was backing out. I lost a bit of Paypal fees but learned my lesson well, this time. The 200 stays, end of matter. If it ever breaks down I'll just manual focus with it :lol:

I always agree that it's best to follow your heart. I know it's 'only a lense' but you have obviously walked a long happy road together. Heywhat's a few cents, sori dimes between good friends anyway.Not too much aboutthe 'planted' bit please, as there are still many many more outstanding [excuse the pun]pics to still be taken.

So let's hope the 200 only breaks down when you do after a good healthy century :-)

How is the little buddy?
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:32 PM   #17

Stunning set of photos. Great job!
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:21 PM   #18

Thanks Jake and ladyhawk, buddy's doing good