Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:20 PM   #1

Here are a few more shots of the wounded hawk, but at F/5.6 on the 135/2 in order to get a bit more of the body in focus:

Get well soon, little buddy

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2005, 2:46 PM   #2

Normcar

Tremendous! 'AMA - ZING'!! - as we'd say in South Africa. Kinda feeling attatched to him. Please give us an update on his progress.

Glad you like Jake's eagle too... I also think it's an absolute stunner.[ As we spotted him, we came to a hasty halt and fortunatelyhe was able to capture him as he flew off the branch.] Although as his RWGB I can't help thinking that allhispictures are stunners.

Jakes resident Wild Grass Bird

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 7:23 PM   #3

Thanks, Jake's much better half, just traded my 200/1.8 in for a 400/4 DO because canon announced that they would no longer service the 200. I wept for awhile, but am excited about seeing how the DO works (it's a new version). If it doesn't work out then I'll go for the 500/4 IS, isn't the DSLR world fun....

I'd love to experience the safari thing. You are so lucky
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:09 PM   #4

Norm, the pics in thispost andyour first one of the wounded hawk are so good its beyond me to give an adequate description. I looked at them a long time just absorbing the beauty that youhave captured of this magnificent bird. Well done.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:42 PM   #5

Oh My Gosh.....These and the other post of the wounded hawk are absolutley superb!!!!!!! The detail is out of this world. Thanks so much for sharing these pictures. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 2:41 AM   #6

Houston, I can't think of a better compliment than your post, I sincerely appreciate the fact that you spent some time viewing the photos. So often we simply grab a glance and post, so your words and action are very refreshing, indeed, and I thank you for your comments.

Bentleysmom, thanks to you as well for your kind words.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 10:18 AM   #7

Hey thanks for those kind words Norm! But actuallyJake is the much better half, with camera and picsanyway.

Pity about the Cannon 'let down'. Sniff Sniff! But as you say, the DSLR world is fun and excitingand I'm sure you will find and settle with one that really works for you.With your exceptional skills we will still be getting superb pics as usual, without a doubt.

You shouldreallytry to experience the safari thing at least once in your lifetime. But hopefully not in a tourist group. It just wont be the same.

Keep us posted on the 'little buddy'

Jakes RWGB

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:22 PM   #8
VP

Norm

I have been staring at these hawkphotos and it's hard to articulate how good they are, other than to say----Absolutely stunning!!!

VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:31 AM   #9

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Hey thanks for those kind words Norm! But actuallyJake is the much better half, with camera and picsanyway.

Pity about the Cannon 'let down'. Sniff Sniff! But as you say, the DSLR world is fun and excitingand I'm sure you will find and settle with one that really works for you.With your exceptional skills we will still be getting superb pics as usual, without a doubt.

You shouldreallytry to experience the safari thing at least once in your lifetime. But hopefully not in a tourist group. It just wont be the same.

Keep us posted on the 'little buddy'

Jakes RWGB

Thanks for the concern, better half :-) I couldn't bring myself to trade my 200/1.8 so it remains in my kit and probably will so until I am planted, so to speak. It's just too unique to leave behind so I emailed the trader and told him I was backing out. I lost a bit of Paypal fees but learned my lesson well, this time. The 200 stays, end of matter. If it ever breaks down I'll just manual focus with it :lol:

Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:32 AM   #10

Thanks VP, very kind of you to say such a thing. Glad you got some enjoyment.