Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 23, 2005, 1:33 PM   #1
DBB

This bird, (the Yellow shafter variety) so beautiful when they fly, their yellow wings reflecting any light, and the little red spot on the back of their heads - teased me on this shoot.

Allowiing me to get some good pictures, but for the life of me, he acted as if that red spot was sacred - no humans peeking - and when he flew away, he dropped like a stone.

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/FLICK1.JPG[/img]

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/FLICKER10a.jpg[/img]

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/FLICK10.JPG[/img]

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/FLICK14.JPG[/img]

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2005, 5:48 PM   #2

Ahh, you caught this flicker during the golden light portion of the day - very pretty! Perhaps he didn't show you his red nape but what I really like is how your first two images show the tail feathers, illustrating how the woodpecker family's tail feathers are tooled for assisting them to climb and hold on to tree trunks and branches!

I'm assuming that these were taken with your 1100mm scope? It looks like the third shot is a crop from the second shot. Was there much post-processing that you had to do?

(As an aside - I was beginning to wonder if you took pictures of passerines or not :roll

geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 7:15 PM   #3
DBB

geoffs wrote:
Quote:
Ahh, you caught this flicker during the golden light portion of the day - very pretty! Perhaps he didn't show you his red nape but what I really like is how your first two images show the tail feathers, illustrating how the woodpecker family's tail feathers are tooled for assisting them to climb and hold on to tree trunks and branches!

I'm assuming that these were taken with your 1100mm scope? It looks like the third shot is a crop from the second shot. Was there much post-processing that you had to do?

(As an aside - I was beginning to wonder if you took pictures of passerines or not :roll
I, and I'm sure others could fill this board with our pictures. Sorry, but this was taken before I switiched to the 1100 - so it's the 800.

As for Passerines, I take whatever I can get...:G

And a Rose Breasted Groosbeak was kind enough to pose for me, but in the middle of a thicket. Frantically I dropped the speed from 400 to 1/10, handheld, and it makes a great abstract shot - perhaps for the "art section" of this site?

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote