Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:12 PM   #1

Here are a few more photos of chickadees in a colorful background with a focus on red hues.

Yep, this is right-side up

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2005, 3:46 AM   #2

Norm, I don't always reply to you posts because I have run out of good things to say, they are ALL SO FANTASTIC, AWESOME, and the rest. In fact the other day I was travelling somewhere and thought that I need to say to you that, although I don't know what you doin your professional capacity, you should perhaps consider doing Wildlife Photographyfulltime [maybe you do already]. Your bird shots are, as mentionedabove,totally out of the ordinary, and if you can use that talent for wildlife as a whole, the quality of the planet's wildlife pictures will certainly be boosted that much more.

So, about these particular shots.....as mentioned above !! {the red certainly makes for a marvellous blend]
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:20 AM   #3

Absolutely stunning, Norm!
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 5:12 AM   #4

Really nice work here with the colors norm!!!! Get out and get as much as you can.
In your neck of the woods, it won't be long until the only backgrounds will be
white and gray!
woodmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 8:33 AM   #5
DBB

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Norm, I don't always reply to you posts because I have run out of good things to say, they are ALL SO FANTASTIC, AWESOME,

So, about these particular shots.....as mentioned above !! {the red certainly makes for a marvellous blend]
Ain't that the truth

I like these better than the rest of your chickadee shots - mostly because of the bright red back-ground - not of course meaning a critique of the others! - Just these are my favorites.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 1:22 PM   #6

Love the fall color in the bakground. Great shots.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 8:04 PM   #7

Thanks, all, I needed that booster shot today. I got supremely frustrated while shooting today, trying to get action shots and the light just disappeared as soon as I got set up. As you know, light is important to get the higher shutter speeds and I got into one of those feel sorry for yourself funky moods. Your compliments helped to pull me out of the blue funk a touch, thanks...not that I'm moody or anything like that :G
Old Sep 29, 2005, 9:24 PM   #8

More magnificent pics from the king. Now don't you be getting moody on us. Can't have that. Now I had to tryand pick a favorite and #2 it is. And I'm sure not saying anything bad about the others because they are all super dooper. The colors are just fabulous.

Houston

Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 12:04 AM   #9

I know that the long, cold, gray, and hard winter in the north is coming on quickly, Norm, but these chickadees will stick around to brighten your winter days. So, what I am saying is to look at the cup half full rather than half empty!

Meanwhile, you've chosen to compose these shots with that wonderful fiery red backdrop of turning fall leaves and the result is amazing. Like Houston, I gotta go with #2 as the best of the bunch. That's a wall hanger for sure!

Obviously, you've got these particular chickadees trained to come to you and then pose, right? :-)
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:36 PM   #10

Thanks Houston and geoff, always happy to hear from you both on my posts. I'm going to be feeding these birds all winter for sure, I think they have adopted me :lol:Every time I return to the location they rush up to my car, land on my open door, and show excitement that I have returned. It's pretty cool. Chickadees are really expressive birds, and they have me hooked. I think they know how to coerce me into bringing more food.