Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:56 AM   #11

I love the last one!!!
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 12:45 PM   #12

Excellent photos. The jackal works nicely.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:13 PM   #13

Excellent shots of excellent subjects by an excellent photographer. All of these photos are of subjects I will never see except in zoo's which is far from what you are seeing and sharing with us.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Many thanks Jake

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:48 PM   #14

Many thanks everyone for all the encouraging comments !!

Steve, these were taken in the KNP last month [still processing the pics] I also enjoy eagles, in particular the batteleur, hence my avatar - taken with a FZ10 last year, I never managed to get any really nice flight shots [this time anyway]

AAT, We have always calledthem Cape Buffalos [most things in SA are called Cape..... because they were first ID'd by the non-local people in the Cape], although they are refered to as African Buffalo as well. Incidently, that's about 750KG of meatin the air !!I have posted a shot of a youngish kudu cow a few weeks ago which i think photographically is a better shot -

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=11&page=1

Houston [glad to see you're still on the planet !!] I had a look with interest at your Muscovy series - Are they native to US? We do have them here - most farms heve themon their dams and lakes, but I think they were imported [or swapped for cattle egrets, Dave]

Regards from SA [sorry for not posting or replying much recently, work has had to have some priority]

JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:18 AM   #15

Some awesome shots once again Jake. I personally like the jackal shot the best, a really interesting way of portraying it. Hope you still have many more great photos on the way.
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 2:25 AM   #16

Awesome...indeed. These are very very nice, a pleasure to browse thru. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 4:01 AM   #17

Once again, great shots, Jake! The buffalo shot is unusual. Normally they just eat and bog and only run when a lion is around. What made this critter fly?
zolbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 5:20 AM   #18

Im actually a fan of the jackal shot:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 7:28 AM   #19

What a pleasure it is to see your pictures. They are wonderful picturesof interesting subjectsthat are very well composed.The kudu bull is a standout for me and the jackal does work. I hope that you are planning a book with all the pictures that you have taken on your trip. Thanks for sharing them with all of us. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:14 AM   #20
DBB

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Many thanks everyone for all the encouraging comments !!

Houston [glad to see you're still on the planet !!] I had a look with interest at your Muscovy series - Are they native to US? We do have them here - most farms heve them on their dams and lakes, but I think they were imported [or swapped for cattle egrets, Dave]

Well I have a serious complaint with your nomenclature - "Confrontation?"

This will get you sold to a pig farm as an indentured servant for twenty years! It looks like Mommy talking to the kids about the dangers of drug use.

The Muscovy Duck, despite the name, is a South American Duck. All domestic Ducks are decended froom the friendly Mallard - with the one exception of the Muscovy. Now they are running wild as Houston demonstrates.

And in the trivia Department, all new World Vuttures are decended from Cranes, while Old World Vultures are decended from Hawks. Convergent evolution in action...

Dave

PS - I'm impressed with the shots -

Thought I'd throw that in...:lol:
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote