DBB

and for that matter, there are probably additional filters in play....:?:

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/WARBY19.JPG[/img]

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/WARBY20.JPG[/img]

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:48 PM   #2

You know Dave, i was immediately attracted to the incredible beauty of the bird, although a plain lookingone at that, the shot is SO GREAT !! Only after a while did I look for the filters, and in my opinion, they ADD to the overalleffect of the shot, making this probably one of, if not THE best shot I have seen of yours to date

I trust you have patented your filters as you have the white balance dog, orare theyopen-source :G
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 1:41 PM   #3
DBB

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
You know Dave, i was immediately attracted to the incredible beauty of the bird, although a plain looking one at that, the shot is SO GREAT !! Only after a while did I look for the filters, and in my opinion, they ADD to the overall effect of the shot, making this probably one of, if not THE best shot I have seen of yours to date

I trust you have patented your filters as you have the white balance dog, or are they open-source :G
If you note, there is talk from time to time on this board of using "blinds."

Imagine if you will a small forest of branches and tree's, old and young, dying and alive, crawling up the beach, from time to time, tipping over, immersing in the surf, crashing into stone walls. Imagine a steady stream of unprintable curses coming from this collection of vegetation. You have just located me.

Well, perhaps not....

Dave
Old Nov 6, 2005, 12:51 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Magical shots. You must have been close enough so that any cursing was under your breath.

Great work.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 1:26 PM   #5
DBB

peripatetic wrote:
Quote:
Magical shots. You must have been close enough so that any cursing was under your breath.

Great work.
Actually, by the time I get into a position where I can shoot, the vituperation has reached a steady gutteral level, sounding much like that of Great Blue Heron that lost the biggest fish of it's life...

So, starting out with the usual cursing, soon reach a point where it goes something like, "croakskfnsslknsskkdamnbranchesAHHHWhhhhhoooaaaaaa aaaaa"

Carrying around three hundred pounds of vegetation will do that to you...

Dave