Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Nov 22, 2005, 4:42 PM   #1

... with a deformed beak. The white spot on the first is part of a sunflower seed, but the rest of the twisted thing is her beak. Didn't seem to keep her down. I did wonder ifshe was ostracized from the rest as they ususally comein groups, but she's always alone. I know I needed a bit more DOF on this first one... I'm not use tohaving a blind and being so close!

And her she is in the process of shelling a sunflower seed.

gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:08 AM   #2

25 views and not a single response agian. Boy, I'm on a roll!
Old Nov 25, 2005, 1:32 AM   #3
LT7

Must be the Holiday week. I must say they are very nice. What lens are you using for these? Just curious. Great pictures.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 9:50 AM   #4
DBB

gracie328 wrote:
Quote:
25 views and not a single response agian. Boy, I'm on a roll!
Hi Gracie

All the pictures you post are excellent. I'm always a bit put off by the "artificial framing," (whatever that means) and as a result they don't look "natural," (whatever that means).

So I always get the feeling I'm in a science lab.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 1:26 AM   #5

Thanks to both of you. I'm just using my 75-300mm kit lens that came with my previous Minolta (Maxxum 5).

As far as the frames I suppose it's all a matter of personal taste and opinion.I usually frame pics that I hang on my wall to admire, so what's the difference in framing pics for internet viewing?I don't know of anyone who hangs pictures on their wall without a mat and frame... do you? Why do we bother to choose the perfect frame and mat when we hang a picture in our home? I don't believe it's ONLY for the protection of the picture (or we'd skip the mat altogether and buy the cheapest frame we could find)... but it makes it look even better when you havethe perfect mat and frame.I happen to like the drop shadow frame that gives it a bit of a 3-D effect. Now, Idislike very wide frames or very unusual ones... I think theydraw the attention away from the pic, but I don't feel that way about smaller simple ones. Sorry, you see that as a negative. I have known a few others that feel as you (on some other sites), but more often I see frames beingused.I guess I don't consider it 'unnatural' because it's not part of the picture. Obviously, all our brainsview things differently. I suppose it would be a pretty boring world if thatwasn't the case.:-)
Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:57 AM   #6
DBB

gracie328 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to both of you. I'm just using my 75-300mm kit lens that came with my previous Minolta (Maxxum 5).

As far as the frames I suppose it's all a matter of personal taste and opinion.
Absolutely - And the shots are always crisp and sharp -

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote