Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 9, 2006, 1:25 PM   #1

Hi I am new to this group. I posted a message in another forum and it was suggested that I post the message here as well. Bentleysmom or Bmom is a friend of mine. She asked me to join and send a message to you guys in her place. I am new at picture taking, thanks to her.

Anyway shewanted to let you knowthe reason she has not posted lately is, she is in the hospital fighting for her life. About a week agoit was determined that she had AML (Acute myelogenous leukemia). She has gotten to know some of you more than others and appreciates all the help you have given to her. Please say a little prayer (if that is your belief) that she will once again be with you all on the list and taking lots of beautiful pictures.

You might see more of me in the future as I am just learning and need all the help I can get. She said I would be in good hands and would learn a lot from reading your comments.

Bsinsley40
bsinsley40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:31 PM   #2
DBB

Wow - Really sorry to hear that. Tell her we all wish her the best and miss her posts.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 4:17 PM   #3

Very sorry to hear that. I will be praying for her.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:54 PM   #4

Tell her that I am truly sorry to hear of this and that I am hoping the best for her and that she will have a speedy recovery.

Houston
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 8:29 PM   #5

That is horrible. A bit of reading here:
http://www.marrow.org/PATIENT/aml.html

shows what I thought. The treatment can be really bad on the patient, but it's better than dieing. I've known some people with cancer in my days and chemo is a horible thing to go through. And I'm sure it will be rough on you, too, having to watch her go through it.

Give her our best and a big hug. I'm sure she'll need it (and more.)

Feel free to ask questions either here or in the other areas of the forum. We're a nice, friendly bunch who like to help others.

Eric

ps. This might help, it might not. But I knew Diana Golden... I grew up down the road from her. Some of you might know her as one of the best downhill skiiers in the world, and that was after having a leg cut off at the knee when she was 12. If you want an amazing story about cancer, survival, life and death... well, I cry every time I read it:
http://www.time.com/time/sampler/art...173338,00.html
She is one of the most amazing women I've had the privilage to know.

pps. I just tried that link again and it didn't render properly in FireFox. But it still works correctly in Internet Explorer.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:14 PM   #6
KEM

I will pray for her. Do tell her she must get better because we expect her back to post her wonderful pictures.
-Kent

KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 6:57 AM   #7

My prayers are with her. Please let her know we are waiting for more of her wonderful photos. Take care. Woody
woodysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:58 PM   #8
djb

Sory to hear te bad news!!!! I lost a favorite uncle to leukemia. She will be in my prayers.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 6:58 PM   #9

That's a horrible thing to go through. I'll definitely say a special prayer for her.
gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote