Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Feb 20, 2006, 9:12 AM   #1
DBB

Made another trip to shoot the Scaups, and with Chato's aid got the best close-ups so far, but in the midst of all this shooting, out at the far edge of the raft I found other birds. At least half a dozen Horned Grebes were there, and the last picture is a pair of Red Breasted Mergansers. These and other fishing birds seem to enjoy being in the Raft.

I was about a hundred yards from these guys, but close enough to show them. The Scaups are all passed out, which explains the wine bottles I found on the beach.

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/HGREBE22.JPG[/img]

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/HGREBE29.JPG[/img]

[img]www.davidbarkinphotography.com/Temp/RMERG232.JPG[/img]

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2006, 9:37 AM   #2
KEM

You kill me :lol::lol: !! Seriously, safety in numbers I guess.
-Kent

DBB wrote:

Quote:
I was about a hundred yards from these guys, but close enough to show them. The Scaups are all passed out, which explains the wine bottles I found on the beach.
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:38 AM   #3
DBB

KEM wrote:
Quote:
You kill me :lol::lol: !! Seriously, safety in numbers I guess.
-Kent

DBB wrote:

Quote:
Well, here are the facts. These shots were taken in "Dead Horse Bay" Brooklyn. But, the locals call this "Bottle Beach."

I ask why?

There's a story that 60 years ago, thousands of bottles were dumped there, and continue to drift up to the shore. It sounds reasonable until you notice the thousands of alchoholic Ducks passed out in the water.

Occams razor forces me to conclude that the stories I was told about the origin of these bottles is a COVER-UP of the large scale immorality going on right before my eyes. Mind you, I arrive shortely after dawn before these Ducks sober up from their binges...

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote