Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:38 AM   #11

BMullen - thank you! Buzzsaw - I got the info for the Great Horned Owls in a daily email from the MOU group. That's, also, where I post my sightings. The Gyrfalcon was never sighted on hwy 47 so I posted that to the group last night along with a notice that I had updated my website. It's a great group.
101Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:41 AM   #12
LT7

Wow, very nice picture Linda. I like seeing your bird pictures, always have a lot of details in them. Nicely done.

LT
LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:17 AM   #13

Very nice photos Linda. Sorry we missed you the other day.

Tom W
Tom W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 3:32 PM   #14

I went and photographed the Great Horned at lunch today... it was unfortunately just sitting on the nest with it's head poking up. You were right about the crows, I didn't see the second owl. I'll go back soon as it's ten minutes from my house. Thank you again Linda!

Mike
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:07 PM   #15
VP

Super shots!

A few years ago there was a pair of Great Horned Owlsthat regularly visited in my back yard late in the evening to catch.....grasshoppers. Why my backyard I don't know as grasshoppers were plentiful everywhere around here then. A real treat to watch them.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:14 PM   #16
NHL

Really nice shots...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:44 PM   #17

I think somewhere you answered this question before...but what lense where you using? Once again these are very nice, especially since I am only starting to have some success with these birds, and love seeing them as you photograph them. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 8:54 AM   #18

KennethD - I used my Canon 300mm f/4L IS lens (Canon EOS 20D body) to take these photos. It was a very foggy day with a pollution alert out due to the particles in the air so I used the fastest telephoto lens I have to let in the most light (I shot wide open). I definitely could not have gone with my 400mm f5.6L lens in this case as my shutter speed would have been too low. Actually, the Gyr was close enough that that didn't bother me but I sure would have liked to use my 400mm lens for the Owl as he was a distance away. VP - VERY cool having Great Horned in your backyard! Makes me want to go out and buy some grasshoppers!
101Linda is offline   Reply With Quote