Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:17 PM   #11

These are great Dave! I tried shooting some of this little guys today, and man, are they fast! Only got one that was half you know what, but it still pales in comparison to these. Good shootin'!! thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:27 PM   #12

very nice shots, Dennis! i've tried a few times, but i can barely find them in the viewfinder before they're gone, no time to focus. and they're usuall so far off that even at 400mm, it's too much of a crop to make a print! i guess i need to practice more!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 2:41 PM   #13
djb

vtandrew, I don't have a fast trigger finger, just a use bursts of three or four shots. At 500mm I'm lucky to see them in the viewfinder. Sometimes before they change direction, they seem to hesitate a bit and that's when I try to get them. After trying to get these little rockets I usually have tons of blanks and tons of little smudges of out of focus birdies. It's kind of wierd because with my 100-400mm I very rarely got any swallows in flight and with the 500mm at 3 to 4 times the weight I get more flight shots. go figure!!! with the TC on it at 700mm it's darn near impossible to find a swallow in the viewfinder but, I'm still gonna try.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote