Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:18 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Buzzsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,274
Default

I was out fishing and this Loon just wanted to hang around... I took over 400 pictures of him.


Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:31 AM   #2
DBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,483
Default

Buzzsaw wrote:
[quote]I was out fishing and this Loon just wanted to hang around... I took over 400 pictures of him.

Hmm? Nice picture, but this normally "shy" (VERY) bird wanted to hang around. Something verrrrrry fishy is going on....:G

I'll check my psyche 101 text book, there has to be a name...

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
bmullen@comcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,435
Default

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:17 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Barracuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Newport Marina, Stoney Creek, Ontario
Posts: 656
Default

Love it!
Barracuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 1:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Buzzsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,274
Default

Dave, your funny... No I wasn't feeding the dude fish... I wish it was that easy and not a bad idea either. :-)
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 3:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
The Barbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,260
Default

I thought the loon was the official bird of Washington, DC.:G


The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 4:03 PM   #7
DBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,483
Default

Buzzsaw wrote:
Quote:
Dave, your funny... No I wasn't feeding the dude fish... I wish it was that easy and not a bad idea either. :-)
Well, on the one shot you posted, I have the distinct impression that he's searching his back for the minnows you tossed at him.

Here in Brooklyn the birds all want cold hard cash. Then they line up at Red Lobster...

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:32 PM   #8
KEM
Senior Member
 
KEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,458
Default

Great picture Buzzsaw!....even if you did chum that Loon in :roll:
-Kent :G


DBB wrote:
Quote:
Buzzsaw wrote:
Quote:
Dave, your funny... No I wasn't feeding the dude fish... I wish it was that easy and not a bad idea either. :-)
Well, on the one shot you posted, I have the distinct impression that he's searching his back for the minnows you tossed at him.

Here in Brooklyn the birds all want cold hard cash. Then they line up at Red Lobster...

Dave
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:19 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Buzzsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,274
Default

And the tag team duo of KEM and DBB are doing some damage to the poor Buzzsaw. :lol: Thanks guys.
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:14 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
thekman620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,084
Default

Nice shot Buzzsaw. The loons have such a beautiful call. Pretty bird. .....Don.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.