Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jul 10, 2002, 6:19 PM   #1

Default A Moment in Time

I'm not sure whether to post this in the Wildlife or Landscape Forum!
I've just returned after a trip around Vancouver Island, in a 37 foot powerboat, that saw us cover 726 miles in 25 days. I took over 1000 photos and have pared them down to about 250. Many are one of a kind and some once in a lifetime.
This one was taken in the Bunsby Islands where we were anchored. I was waiting to get some sunset shots when this Great Blue Heron landed on the tree top. 30 seconds later it was gone.

Bill
Nanaimo, BC
BillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2002, 11:10 PM   #2

Bill.... I thought you said I could go with you on that trip! Kidding aside, the pic is great but now I would like better posted image quality. Too many jpg artifacts around all the contrast areas...

Excuse my comment and show lots more please!!!!
M. Haner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2002, 11:24 PM   #3

Very nice shot! It always amazes me to see a Great Blue in the top of a tree, somehow they don't look like they belong there.
icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:30 AM   #4

Beautiful Bill, a solitude moment contemplating the next day of fishing.
Welcome back from your voyage, if this is a sample of your trip, I canít wait to see the other 249 pics.
Tom C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2002, 12:44 PM   #5

Thanks Malcolm, Christie, and Tom for taking the time to reply.
Malcolm, I have redone the photo with no sharpening. Not sure if it is much better or not. Perhaps too much jpeg compression to make the file size manageable.
Yes, Chrisite it was interesting to see the heron land right at the top of the tree. I wonder how many more days I would have to have waited for a repeat performance?
Tom, we only fished once during the trip and didn't get anything, but we were given halibut and cod by other boaters!
I'll probably post quite a few more photos but many of then will be in landscape forum. I got some beautiful reflection photos when we were at anchor. I do have lots of sea otter, seal, and eagle photos as well.
Cheers.
BillS is offline   Reply With Quote