Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Xtreme Makeover (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/xtreme-makeover-82/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 93147] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/xtreme-makeover-82/%5Brecovered-thread-93147%5D-90911/)

Alex 007 May 27, 2006 2:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Folks!

It's possible to improve my 3 times attached leaves, made today with my recently acquired Nikon Coolpix L-4, transferred trough my Picasa photo organizer. Need more improvement?:!:

Thanks for your advices!:cool:

Cheers,

Alex 007:|

Alex 007 May 27, 2006 2:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A second one!

Alex 007 May 27, 2006 2:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The last one!

granthagen May 29, 2006 1:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, Alex....Obviously I took some liberties with your photos. I added some more color to the sky, increased the brightness of the foliage a bit and added a gaussian blur to the sky with enough amount to spill the blur over a bit onto the foliage. I think that this gives a slight painterly effect to the leaves and is more interesting than just the straight shot.

I used PS7, but the effect is basic enough to get with any editor that lets you make selections and provides an adjustable blur filter.

Grant

granthagen May 29, 2006 2:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Number two............

granthagen May 29, 2006 2:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And....The one you've all been waiting for! (The last one.)

Alex 007 May 29, 2006 2:28 AM

Thank you so much...I don't have any Photoshop or similarly software, only the free Goggle Picasa one, so the "Most Necessary" improvement I can do with my program.

Whatever...very nicer from you...I really appreciated!!!:cool:

Cheers,

Reanimator May 31, 2006 10:14 AM

alex

dunno if u can blend 2 shot in picasa, but thats what needs to be done really

point your camera past leaves to get a reading from the sky, hold button 1/2 way in this will hold the exposure setting, frame the shot as u would like it and fully press the button, take another shot without moving the camera, hopefully u are able to take the second reading from under the leaves, when blended u will have a nicer sky and still detail under the leaves

Gary

Alex 007 May 31, 2006 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Reanimator!

What you so kindly advice me can be do it easily with my very recently acquired Nikon Coolpix L4?

I will ask you very much to write again but with all the words altogether...as my native language is NOT English as Spanish.:idea:

Be well & thank you so much for your noble effort with me!:cool:

BTW...A new example that my son shoot!:blah:

Cheers,

cjawadz Jun 14, 2006 1:55 PM

hi sir,
i recently watched ur post of coolpix L4
.i m much confused to buy my first digi cam...n L4 is currently my top choice but i m now confused between L4 n powershot A430...HERE L4 is being offred witha lot of warrenty n after sale servvice unlike canon.sop wud u help me to take final step towards purchase?i need ur suggestion regarding L4 quality specially for a beginner like me.thanx...i m waiting here