Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Xtreme Makeover (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/xtreme-makeover-82/)
-   -   Beach Hut - What to do? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/xtreme-makeover-82/beach-hut-what-do-99961/)

Jimboy Sep 3, 2006 6:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Any idea what to do to make the most of this shot?

I like it but feel it is a bit bland needs something. Can any of you Pshop wizzards do your thing without making it look unreal.
I would also like to see it stand out in monochrome if it can work.

Thanx Jim

shooting_rubber Sep 3, 2006 2:35 PM

Jimboy wrote:
Quote:

Any idea what to do to make the most of this shot?

I like it but feel it is a bit bland needs something. Can any of you Pshop wizzards do your thing without making it look unreal.
I would also like to see it stand out in monochrome if it can work.

Thanx Jim
What do you mean by monochrome, do you want the Beach Hut in colour and the rest of the photograph in black and white?????

shooting_rubber.

shooting_rubber Sep 3, 2006 3:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe something like??? Replacement Sky and Subject only in colour??

shooting_rubber.

shooting_rubber Sep 3, 2006 3:13 PM

could do a lot better if had more time............

granthagen Sep 3, 2006 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, Jim....I thought that it needed a bit of "unreal."

Hey, this is less radical than the first version!

Did it by making a selection around the hut and grass, copying that to a new layer, and then adding a black-filled layer beneath it. I used the lens flare filter for the bloom of light and switched the layer blend mode to screen to hide the black part of the layer and finished off with an overall levels adjustment which I painted out in certain places on the adjustment layer mask.

Grant

shooting_rubber Sep 3, 2006 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's another try!!!!

shooting_rubber.

alex james Sep 5, 2006 3:33 AM

Hi jim, I'll have a go at this when I get home from work tonight, interesting shot. :cool:

normjackson Sep 5, 2006 7:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A bit of fiddling.

normjackson Sep 5, 2006 7:32 AM

Sorry. Somehow managed double post.

Jimboy Sep 5, 2006 7:40 AM

Thanks

I like B&W images but I can never seem to get them to come alive apart from boosting the contrast and that just seems to burn out highlights and darken darks.

I don't want to make the shot gimmickie looking either, just naturalif you get my meaning. I might not be explaining myself correct, sorry.

If you change a colour shot to B&W using the Grayscale convertor then you just get a bland looking B&W shot but I believe there is someway to remove colour channels in your Photoshop software before converting to grayscale that you can choose to remove different colour channels that can change the blues and reds dramatically when converted to Grayscale.

Granthagen, I like the colour of the foreground sand at the very bottom ofyour conversion.:-)