Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:45 AM   #1

Default Kirk Douglas

Here is Kirk from a 1960 western The Last Sunset. Kirk will be 101 on December 9. Colorized from a black & white.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:00 PM   #2

Looks as if you are a big fan. Nice colorization.
Just watched "Lonely are the Brave" from 1962 last week for my first time. Enjoyed it.
Happy Birthday Kirk.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:54 PM   #3

Great job, again, Bynx.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:12 AM   #4
JR1

whatever passes your time

https://www.facebook.com/JRSPhotography.co.uk
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:20 AM   #5

JR1, it takes a lot to annoy me. However, I have to call you out on a disgusting habit you have. I've read a few threads initiated by people who genuinely need help with something, and you're more concerned with the fact that they didn't preface their query with a please, and end it with a thank you. And then ypou offer no help.

On this thread started by Paul Bynx, I and others have complimented him on his artistic abilities; colorizing a black and white photo is way above my pay grade, so I show my admiration to the man for his abilities. You, on the other hand, offer only "whatever passes your time". Why bother even commenting if you have no positive input? I don't get it. Maybe you were taught that rudeness was acceptable behavior. It is not. We are, for the most part, a polite society, and especially here at Steve's. I have suggested once before, and I'll do so again, that you might be happier at DP Review, where you'll be with others like you.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:40 AM   #6

Bynx, you are the master! I can't even imagine the work it took to get this so natural looking. The colors in the vest, alone are really amazing.
Keep up the good work.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:49 AM   #7

Thanks guys. And Robert, what can I say. Its nice when someone has your back. Its appreciated. As for the pic of Kirk, the vest is easy, the hard part was the tanned skin. Getting the skin so its not too yellow or too red or too blue or even greenish is a laborious task. But the way I do it, changes are easy and pretty quick, so its just a matter of playing with the CMYK color palette until it looks right. And the skin can have as many as 4 layers of color.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:30 AM   #8

Default Bynx

Been away from this forum but great colorization on the shot. Wanted to see if you were able to return to Monument Valley this year? I've been travelling to Japan and will post some shots when time permits.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniolo View Post
Been away from this forum but great colorization on the shot. Wanted to see if you were able to return to Monument Valley this year? I've been travelling to Japan and will post some shots when time permits.
Thanks Paniolo. I have been to Monument Valley many times this year.....in my dreams. My two kids still have no desire to go, I havent found anyone who can afford it, or has the time to go. And I dont really want to do the trip by myself as I would be lost if I couldnt share the beauty of Arizona with anyone at the time.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:47 PM   #10

December 9, 2018....Kirk Douglas is 102. Happy Birthday Kirk. This is another colorized pic from the movie War Wagon.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bynx; Dec 9, 2018 at 6:52 AM.