Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Xtreme Makeover (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/xtreme-makeover-82/)
-   -   Need some help or opinions. (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/xtreme-makeover-82/need-some-help-opinions-132422/)

3RDI Creations Nov 16, 2007 10:59 AM

I had a close encounter with a Hawk today :shock: (trying to determine the type of Hawk but I think it's a Red Tailed Hawk) and I was wondering if either of these photo's are salvageable.

I shot them in RAW format and coverted the photo's after doing some exposure changes but I still have the RAW files.

Any help or suggestions to make something out of these photo's would be greatly appreciated.

Duane

jachol Nov 16, 2007 1:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Duane,
I took a look with Focus Magic, but results are no great shakes. I suspect there's a combination of OOF blur and Motion blur which makes it difficult to resolve. You may be flogging a dead horse with this one. Here's the better result of the two. ... Jack.

3RDI Creations Nov 16, 2007 1:33 PM

Thanks Jack for the attempt.

And yes, you're correct about the image problems. I was adjusting some camera settings when he decided to fly to another tree and when he left the branch he was originally on his flight path was within 10-12 feet above my head. It startled me having this raptor fly straight at me and it was pretty comical seeing me fumble with the camera trying to snap shots. :G

Your help is greatly appreciated. :cool:

Duane

jachol Nov 16, 2007 1:40 PM

3RDI Creations wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Jack for the attempt.
You're welcome, sorry I couldn't get a better result. ... Jack.

Reanimator Nov 17, 2007 9:04 AM

sorry to say but blurred is blurred and not much u can do about it, unlike the movies where they type on a keyboard and fix a bad picture !!!

Gary

VTphotog Nov 20, 2007 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Gave these a shot with Image Analyzer, then used the HDR function in Photoimpact to bring up some shadow detail.

brian

VTphotog Nov 20, 2007 1:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And the second one:

Bynx Nov 20, 2007 10:38 AM

Ok VTphotog you have the best bad picture so far. Some pics are just not worth making an effort to improve and this is 2 of them.

3RDI Creations Nov 20, 2007 11:08 AM

Bynx wrote:
Quote:

Ok VTphotog you have the best bad picture so far. Some pics are just not worth making an effort to improve and this is 2 of them.
I agreeand I appreciate everybodys efforts. I will edit the post so it goes away. :lol:

VTphotog Nov 20, 2007 8:53 PM

This forum isn't about great pictures. It is about trying out methods of improving (or at least changing) things. It gives us all some experience, and is good for learning techniques and what programs are available. Look over some of the older posts, and watch how one person's change will give someone else an idea, etc.

Please don't remove your photos just because some don't think they are great. As bases for people to try techniques on, they work fine, and under the circumstances, I don't think many of us would have done any better.

brian